Monday, December 12, 2011

Reese has croup!

It started yesterday at 3:30am. I awoke to a barking baby seal in my room. I knew it was Reeseand I knew the sound of croup! I immediately put RAVENSARA on her chest, back and feet. Then I went to one of my big Aromatherapy books and found the recipe for a CROUP BLEND. I am not going to give the recipe here, because it calls for very particular oils and I don't want someone to think they can substitute an oil that sounds similar. I will say that it has 2 different eucalyptus oils, one to help cool the airway and one to reduce inflammation. There are 3 other oils added to this blend. I then took 6 drops of this blend and added them to 10ml of grapeseed oil. I massaged the diluted amount on her chest, back and feet. I also added 10 drops of the original blend to my Ultra-sonic diffuser, to get the oils in the air, so that she can breath them in. I also rubbed LAVENDER diluted, on her chest, back, feet and behind her ears down to her collar bone. I have applied the oils about every four hours. I also tried to give her a little FREQUENSEA, but she only took a small sip- she still prefers mom's milk. She has been in good spirits and Ben laughed at her silly 4 year old brother. Later, almost 10:00pm, my husband and I drove her over to her grandpas house so that her dad and grandpa could give her a blessing. She had a rough night that included a few trips to the front porch to breath in the cold-night air. She is finally asleep, but it's hard for me to sleep, when I can hear how tight and labored her breathing is! With the Lords help and the help of the Essential Oils, I know she will get over this, I just might not sleep much until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Aromatica | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates